Rooting a Piece of a Texas Sage Plant

Category Cuttings
Many plants can be propagated by rooting cuttings. If you have a piece broken from your sage give it a try. Use a rooting hormone and the proper fThis is a guide about rooting a piece of a Texas sage plant.

Some repair guys went through my backyard and actually broke one of my Texas sage plants. The base is still okay; the top part broke off. I was wondering if I could still save that broken off part somehow or is it gone for good?

:(Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

That might depend. There are two plants commonly called Texas Sage. Do you know which one you have?
I'm going to assume you have the shrub 2 to 5 feet tall and 4-6 feet in width that is called Texas Sage. If it is, you should be able to root and save your plant piece.
Put cutting in a 50/50 mix of perlite and sphagnum peat. Make sure the growing medium does not remain too soggy. Rooting should take place in about 4 weeks if it's going to.

I would by some rooting hormone before I put it in the soil. This will help the roots to develop.

thank you.. just makes you frustrated when a healthy plant/bush breaks..

He was "growing so well".. LOL. ok I will try Thank you

I have only seen these in my travels and they can be beautiful!

Here is a site that has lots of information and instructions for maybe saving some of this top:

http://homeguid  -sage-29512.html