OrnamentsChristmas

Santa Ornament

Every few years, I teach another young crafter how to make these ornaments. My niece still has the ones we made together more than 30 years ago!

Total Time: 15 minutes to 1 hour depending on the age of the child

Yield: 1 each

1. Thread a blue, red, and blue bead onto one piece of white yarn. Tie ends of yarn to plastic drapery ring with the 3 beads in center of the ring. This is actually the hardest part of the ornament, so you may want to do these in advance.
  2. Loop the remaining 15 pieces of white yarn around one side of ring and 15 pieces of the red yarn around the other side of the ring.
  3. Use the last piece of red yarn to tie a double knot around the red loops forming Santa's hat. Tie ends together to form the hanger loop. Trim ends of red yarn. Use a comb separate the white yarn into individual strands and then trim into a beard shape.

Top Comment

This is very cute! I bookmarked this, for another project to do for next year, as I don't have the time and material now. It really is one of the cutest craft projects I've seen this year! Thanks for posting this!