Saving Money for a Wedding

Saving money for your wedding allows you to begin your new life adventure without a lot of debt. This is a page about saving money for a wedding.

Before our daughter got married, we charged her room and board once she had a job. However, instead of spending it we saved it without her knowing it. When she finally began her wedding plans, we had that money to help with expenses. One of the biggest savings was that I made her wedding gown. Also, friends chipped in to make the flowers.

This is a picture of her with her father waiting to walk down the isle.

Sewing a Wedding Dress

By Beverly (Guest Post)
Top Comment

Beautiful!

The dress looks great. Good job!

Top Comment

Your wisdom warms my heart!

Anonymous

WHAT WONDERFUL PARENTS YOU ARE AND THERE IS NOTHING LIKE GIVING A DAUGHTER A BEAUTIFUL WEDDING - EVEN ON A BUDGET. I GAVE MY DAUGHTER A WEDDING ON A BUDGET AND USED IDEAS FROM OTHERS; IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL AND MEMORABLE OCCASION.

I WILL PASS THIS IDEA ALONG TO SOME FRIENDS WITH DAUGHTERS.

THANKS!

By Jean in GA (Guest Post)

Your daughter's wedding dress is beautiful!

We just started that very same thing with our son. I have a savings account at the bank with my name and then the word "blue" because his room is blue. Our other son's room is GA bulldog colors, so when he gets of age, I will do him the same way. Since my son is a boy, I thought it would give him and his new wife, if he ever gets married, a head start.

Weddings AdviceMarch 18, 2016
🎃