Saving Money on Halloween Candy

Category Candy
A big bowl of Halloween candy.
The cost of buying Halloween candy can really add up. But you don't have to skip the fun to avoid breaking the bank. This is a guide about saving money on Halloween candy.

I usually wait until the day before or the day of Halloween to buy my Trick or Treat candy. My husband and I try to watch our diet since we are both a bit "fluffy". LOL! We love sweets so I always buy candy that we don't care for.

For example: I don't like peanuts and he doesn't like coconut, so I usually buy Snickers and Mounds minature bars. And since I wait until almost the last minute to buy them we usually eat only one or two bars - he eats the Snickers and I eat the Mounds.

That way we also get a "treat" but don't overdo it, the kids love their treats and everyone is happy. If there are any bars left over we bring them to work so that we won't eat them. I've been doing this for over ten years and it works for us.

By Margaret from Denton, TX

I don't get a whole lot of kids at my house for Halloween but rest assured I am fully prepared! :) There are a few things you can do to save money on candy:

Happy Halloween!

By Lisa from Halifax

Stores have Halloween candy at great discounts today. Buy Halloween candy for use in Holiday baking. Small candy bars, M&Ms and small candies can be used for Christmas Stockings. Store them in a cool place.

Great deals can also be found for Halloween Costumes, masks and decorations for next year. Pumpkins for baking are also available. If you haven't tried steamed pumpkin as a vegetable, it's great!

I asked my husband last night, what is the best time to buy Halloween candy, and he said the day after Halloween. I had to laugh because that is "All Saints Day."

By Carol L. from South Bend, IN

Stock up on after Halloween candy deals to food process (unless you are handy with your kitchen knife) to prepare the end of season sales deals on candy to use as ice cream topping or in cookies or just to have on hand for the "sweet tooth". It takes a little patience to deal with all the smaller size chocolate bars but worth the effort in savings!

Cut or break each piece down to smaller pieces to store or freeze for cookies candies or other deserts!

I know from first hand experience that chocolate bunnies microwaved carefully have the same effect as magic shell topping on ice cream! Melt carefully in the microwave (if you prefer) or in the double boiler.

Source: Me, myself and I

By melody_yesterday from Sedalia Mo

Editor's Note: Lots of sales on candy this weekend!

Answers:

Stock Up on After Halloween Candy

The drug stores near me all seemed to have a lot of candy left - especially Walgreens.
http://www.savingspotpourri.blogspot.com/ (11/01/2008)

By Savings Assistant