Making Scrap Wood Halloween Decorations
This is a page about scrap wood Halloween decorations
. With a little creativity and some paint, you can turn scrap wood into all kinds of Halloween decorations. These pumpkins are great porch decorations.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
We had a lot of scrap wood pieces left from many projects. I was really careful after cutting to pick up the scraps and save them. With these and things you mostly have on hand you can create some fun Halloween decorative pieces.
Total Time: 3 hours
Yield: 3 sets
- wood scraps
- nail gun or hammer
- saw or jig saw
- Collect wood pieces, use a thicker piece of wood for the base of your project when you are making stand up characters.
- The wood was already cut in different heights because of previous projects.
- For the cat display we simply just cut a v shape at the top. Nail to the base. Add a smaller sturdy piece of wood to the back of your stand up against both pieces, making a brace.
- Spray paint the cats with black paint.
- Attach back support.
- Paint details with craft paints.
- Other scraps can be made into Jack 'O Lanterns or other festive decorations.
October 4, 20171 found this helpful
Those are as cute as can be, and what a great way to use something that otherwise would be thrown away.
Plus, how fun making those too, one can really put their
imagination to work. I love this idea.
October 4, 20170 found this helpful
Thank you so much for your kind words!