CollectiblesConsumer Advice

Selling Old Money

I am looking for a buyer for my 1833 Farmer's and Exchange Bank $10 note. I am not sure were to look or how to begin. It was purchased in the 80s and recently passed down to me (couldn't of been at better time). Any ideas were to start?

This website, although they do buy old money, has a value guide which will help you determine what it's worthl http://oldcurrencyvalues.com/

I just looked up prices of selling what they called broken currency. Your bank note falls under obsolete and broken bank currency. On there most of are worth $15 to $25. I saw a few that sold for $145. This looks more like a sentimental note that was given to you. As for getting rich from selling this, I don't think this will happen.

Currency values often depend on the condition of the bill. In your case, there is a corner torn off, so the condition is already marked down. This is going to reduce what someone would pay you for this. Prices online are going to be assuming good condition, so I would estimate that it will be marked down by half or even more. It's probably only worth a couple of dollars.

Good luck. Let us know how much you are able to get for it.