Serving Nuts and Mints at a Wedding Reception

Category Reception
If you are looking for lighter fare at your wedding reception, perhaps nuts and mints served along with the cake and beverages will work for you. This is a page about serving nuts and mints at a wedding reception.

I have been asked, by a good friend, to host a 'Nuts and Mints' reception for her son and his new wife. There will be punch, nuts, mints and the wedding cake. I need some advice on the amounts of everything for approx. 100 people. It will be held in the basement of the church immediately following the ceremony.

I had never heard of this type of reception until I relocated down south, therefore, I have no idea how to calculate for this party. Thanks, and God Bless You in advance, for any advice that can be offered to help me.

Karen from Knoxville, TN

Answers

I haven't heard it called that. You could set out several different kinds of nuts and I would think some fruit or dried fruit. Mints like that are confectioners mints and either red and white or green and white hard mints. I assume there will be another reception elsewhere, or is the wedding very early in the morning?

They have those kinds of showers back home all the time, in the midwest. After dinner mints or pastel mints are used as well as Planter's or Fisher's mixed nuts. At my wedding, I chose to have the same lady who made my cake make my mints. She made "cream cheese mints." They were soooo good!

It's not called a "nuts and mints" reception, it's just called a wedding reception. It's what you'd call an old fashioned reception, where you don't go all out and spend a tremendous amount of money on an extravagant meal or foods or have an open liquor bar or favors for your wedding guests.

By Donna (Guest Post)

It would be a nice idea if the mints were made in the colors of the bridal party.

How many nuts needed for a punch and nuts reception for 100 people

How many mixed nuts and cream cheese mints would I need for a wedding reception with approximately 300 people?

Answers

1/2 cup of nuts and 5 mints per person.

How are you going to serve these--on a tray or in little bags at each place setting or at a candy buffet?

Each has its own answer. Most people do little bags say .25 ounces each, .25 ounces x 300 people is 75 ounces, which is 4.68 pounds if I am doing my math right.

If you are doing a table tray, I would triple or quadruple that and offer little bags for people to take the extras home.

If you are doing a candy bar and having other candies, I would do 6 times the tray amount and let people bag the extras to go home.

Just a warning...be sure none of your guests have nut allergies. I say this because we have them in the family. Luckily no one in my family is bad enough that they can't be in the same room, but back in the mid 2000s we had a coworker could not even be on the same floor as peanut anything and we were not permitted to have nut products on the floor.

Blessings to the soon to be wedded couple!

You will need to figure out what kind of favor bag or box you are going with. The size of the favor bag/box and then calculate from there.

Weddings ReceptionJuly 10, 2013
🎂
🌻
📓