Serving Nuts and Mints at a Wedding Reception

Category Reception
Wedding mints in a serving dish at a wedding reception.
If you are looking for lighter fare at your wedding reception, perhaps nuts and mints served along with the cake and beverages will work for you. This is a guide about serving nuts and mints at a wedding reception.

I have been asked, by a good friend, to host a 'Nuts and Mints' reception for her son and his new wife. There will be punch, nuts, mints and the wedding cake. I need some advice on the amounts of everything for approx. 100 people. It will be held in the basement of the church immediately following the ceremony.

I had never heard of this type of reception until I relocated down south, therefore, I have no idea how to calculate for this party. Thanks, and God Bless You in advance, for any advice that can be offered to help me.

Karen from Knoxville, TN

I haven't heard it called that. You could set out several different kinds of nuts and I would think some fruit or dried fruit. Mints like that are confectioners mints and either red and white or green and white hard mints. I assume there will be another reception elsewhere, or is the wedding very early in the morning?

They have those kinds of showers back home all the time, in the midwest. After dinner mints or pastel mints are used as well as Planter's or Fisher's mixed nuts. At my wedding, I chose to have the same lady who made my cake make my mints. She made "cream cheese mints." They were soooo good! It's not called a "nuts and mints" reception, it's just called a wedding reception. It's what you'd call an old fashioned reception, where you don't go all out and spend a tremendous amount of money on an extravagant meal or foods or have an open liquor bar or favors for your wedding guests.

It would be a nice idea if the mints were made in the colors of the bridal party.

How many nuts needed for a punch and nuts reception for 100 people