Setting Up Prelit Christmas Tree

I am trying to connect my 12 ft Christmas tree. There are so many cords it is frustrating. There are codes with "d" and ones with "f". I am tying to follow up, but not getting it. Thanks.

By Peggy

When I assemble mine (of course I have never had one that big), I plug the bottom section into an outlet so that the lights are on, Then when I put the next layer on I plug that into different plugs that are on the tree until that section lights up, and so on, for however many sections there are to the tree. I find this to be easier than trying to match letters of the alphabet or numbers.