Sewing Machine Not Feeding Fabric?

I have a Mercury M-280L industrial sewing machine. It doesn't feed the fabric well because the pressure foot doesn't touch the feeds. The pressure foot has about 1/8 inch between foot and feeds. It's been sewing fine and now I can't get the foot to sit against the feed dog. I was just beginning to sew and hit the reverse handle and then noticed that I didn't have any control of the fabric.

By Nancy

You may need to adjust the pressure foot. Read more here: www.silveradosierra.com/.../heater-blowing-cool-air-t18467.html

There is a nice amount of info on the web about these. I liked this article because it talks about how the parts are interchangeable with other machines. That is always good to know!

answers.yahoo.com/.../index?qid=20110209070354AANwsBB&guccounter...

I also like this video that gives three simple things to troubleshoot on your own when you have any vintage machine and it isn't feeding fabric:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNo_l_822Xw

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesMarch 7, 2015
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sewing-Machine-Not-Feeding-Fabric-2.html