Make a Santa, fairy, or other dolls to decorate Christmas trees, easily, using simple household items like blank papers, cotton, and used gift-wraps.
Editors Note: This could be a good craft for the kids to help make decorations.
Approximate Time: less than an hour
- scraps of paper (the stiffer the better :)
- colored gift-wraps
- cotton, wool
- thread and needle
- sketch pens
- glue and cellotape
- Take a small rectangular piece of paper and stick a piece of red gift-wrap of the same size on it.
- Fold it in the shape of a cone and stick the edges with glue.
- Cut off the base.
- Cut a piece of paper (get a colored paper or color a white paper) in circular shape to make the head of Santa.
- Glue cotton on the face to make Santa's hair and beard.
- Draw his eyes with a pen.
- Make a hole on top of the cone to tie the thread for hanging the doll from the tree.
- Then stick the head on with glue in front of it.
- I glued some cotton to the base of the cone and made a cap cutting a triangular piece of gift-wrap and gluing some cotton on it for added effect.
And the Santa's done!
Similarly, I made the fairy using different colored gift-wraps, gluing wool on her head for hair and gluing some gift-wraps, cut as wings, to her back.
With little tweaks, the same process can be used to make any doll of your choice. All we need is a little imagination :)
By Gunja from West Bengal, India
December 24, 20110 found this helpful
So adorable! I would have never thought of something so sweet and clever!