AdviceWeddings

Small Coin Envelopes to Use for Rice at Wedding

Instead of making up rice bags with the netting and tying a ribbon around it I thought maybe we could fill coin envelopes with rice.
I plan to put some kind of a decorative sticker on the outside with the bride and groom's name and date or something like that. My question is does anyone know what size coin envelope I should use to allow enough room for the rice.

I've seen a couple of sizes
2 1/4 x 3 1/2 or 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 and where can I buy the white envelopes? I find the brown, but the only way I find white is to buy 50 at a time and I need about 350. I wanted to buy a box of about 500 which the brown ones come in. The 50 count of white are way more expensive.

By Brenda Wilson

There are plenty of people selling the white coin envelopes on eBay you can try there. A simple google search using the criteria white coin envelopes wholesale also brought up a bunch. May I also suggest using bird seed over rice. The uncooked rice thrown at many weddings are ingested by birds, and it kills them as it expands in their tummies. It would be a shame to mar you friend's wedding with a score of dead birds.