Snowflake Homemade Christmas Card
Sparkling snowflakes and miniature trees adorn this pretty holiday card. This is a guide about snowflake homemade Christmas card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use some left-over material to make a personalized Christmas card for a special family member or a friend.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 8.2 inches x 5.7 inches white cardboard
- 5.5 inches x 3.9 inches left-over red felt
- small strips cut from left-over black felt
- a piece of left-over emerald green cardboard
- three scrapbook snowflakes
- red glitter
- Modge Podge
- thin paintbrush
- pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying glue
- tree-shaped paper punch
- one sheet of ordinary printer paper
- one matching envelope
- Fold the white cardboard in half to create a card sized 5.7 inches x 4.1 inches ~ use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- Paint the edges of each snowflake with a little bit of Modge Podge, and sprinkle the glitter over the painted edges while the Modge Podge is still wet.
- Allow to dry thoroughly.
- On the computer, type the phrase "Merry Christmas" in a suitable font and print it out. Draw a speech bubble with a pencil around the phrase and cut it out.
- Take the piece of red felt. Cut out the inside, leaving a space of 0.8 inches from the outer edges of this piece to make a "frame."
- Glue the frame to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Add thin strips of black felt on the left-hand side and right-hand side of the frame and cut off any protruding pieces.
- Glue the phrase in place at the top of the frame.
- Now, glue the three snowflakes in place.
- Using the tree-shaped paper punch, punch several trees from the piece of emerald green cardboard.
- Glue the trees in position over the black strips of felt.
- Cut a piece from the emerald green cardboard that can be glued to the inside of the card, where you can write a message.
By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng