TreatsHalloween

Spooky Spider Pizza

This pizza is super easy to make for Halloween. I love the contrast of colours from the pizza, the web made from ranch dressing, and the spiders made of olives. Oh, and it's super yummy, too!

I poured my ranch into a condiment squeeze bottle to get finer lines for the spiderweb.

Total Time: 15 minutes

1. To make the spiders, cut a black olive in half lengthwise.
  2. One half of the olive will be the spider body, the other half will be thinly sliced to create legs.
  3. Lay another olive on its side and cut off a third of the end. This will be the spider head.
  4. Laid out, each spider's pieces will look like this, disassembled. Continue making more spiders with the other olives.
  5. Pour ranch dressing into a squeeze bottle with a fine tip.
  6. Using the ranch, draw a large asterisk onto the pizza.
  7. Starting near the center of the pizza, draw wide upside down U's between each line to make your spiderweb.
  8. Keep adding the U's, working your way out to the edge of the pizza.
  9. Build your little spiders on the web.

Awesome idea. Your spiders are so-o-o-o cute.

Thanks, Mina. They were delicious little buggers ;)

It was Thanksgiving Day here in Canada yesterday and my son and family hosted the turkey dinner.

I brought over several dishes to compliment the meal, including a platter of bbq roasted shepherd peppers drizzled lightly with olive oil and a hint of minced garlic.

I made a dozen spiders per your how-to and garnished the peppers with them. They were an absolute hit and the new name is "spider peppers". I think I've started yet another family trend in presentation.

Thanks for the idea.

I love that you made them, Mina! This makes me so so so so so happy! Glad it was a hit and keep it going with the presentation. I think it's soooo fun to be artistic with food presentation :)

Yeah, this one at least turned out pleasing to the eye.

Not like the time I presented an oven baked whole rabbit to the table with bandaids over the eyeball sockets. I'd covered them because I didn't like looking at them when it was roasting and I forgot to take them off. How embarrassing !!! But it made for a good laugh afterwards.

OH. MY. WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you serious!

And there are no photos? I would have LOVED to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!! You, my lady, are so cute!!!!

Yeah, a photo would be hilarious to have. Maybe I'll roast a rabbit one of these days soon and put bandaids on just for the fun of it so I can get a picture.

Check your inbox. I sent you a p.m. with another funny.