Vote for this contest contender!
Save this simple recipe for the Halloween celebration. You can make it more appealing by adding some more details. Here's how you can basically make it on your own.
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup custard (filling)
- vegetable oil (for greasing)
- To make the custard: separate egg yolk from the white. Mix the yolk with 1/4 cup condensed milk and cook over low heat until sticky. Chill.
- To make the eyeballs: combine sugar and glutinous rice flour.
- Pour water and a tablespoon of oil over dry ingredients and stir until mixture is evenly combined.
- Steam batter for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir with a fork for 5 minutes.
- Grease a teaspoon and a plate including your clean hands to avoid mixture from sticking.
- Use teaspoon to scoop the steamed mixture.
- Form into balls and flatten in a greased plate.
- Put custard into the center. Pull the edges together to seal and form into a ball.
- I have a cooked mung bean which I placed into the center top of each ball so it looks like a weird eyeball.
- Serve and press the eyeballs to squeeze out the custard.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!