Stained Glass Church Window Christmas Card
Vote for this contest contender!
Inspired by one of the old chapels so often seen in Europe, this card celebrates the true reason behind the Christmas season.
Total Time: 15 minutes, drying time excluded
Yield: one religious card
- A4 size leaf green cardstock
- sheet of ordinary white printer paper
- 2.1 x 2.1 in suitable resin window frame scrapbook embellishment
- felt tip pens: red; sky blue; neon yellow; and neon green
- 1 tsp salt
- Artline Fineliner 0.4mm black pen
- Kaibo watercolor paint tubes: white; yellow ochre; burnt umber; burnt sienna; and Russian blue
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- leaf-shaped paper punch
- fine paintbrush
- standard scissors
- small plastic cup with water
- Put the resin window frame on the sheet of printer paper, and use the pencil to trace the windows on to the paper.
- Remove the resin window frame and use the felt tip pens to color the windows. Depending on how many windows your frame has, use all four felt-tip pens and do not use the same color on two adjacent windows. Use the black pen to add a border around each window. Use the white paint and paintbrush to add small light reflections to each window.
- Glue the resin frame over the colored windows.
- Use the pencil to lightly draw a brick wall on the paper around the resin window frame.
- Paint the whole wall with Kaibo yellow ochre watercolor.
- Use burnt umber; burnt sienna; and Russian blue to paint the bricks. Add a bit of salt to each brick while the paint is still wet.
- Allow the paint and salt to dry thoroughly, and then remove the salt by rubbing lightly over the paint with your finger. Be careful that you do not tear the paper.
- Cut a piece sized 8.2" x 5.4" from the leaf green cardstock and score to create a card sized 5.4" x 4.1". Cut the paper with the window and bricks to a size 5" x 4". With the fold at the top, centre and glue it to the front of the card. Add glue to all areas of the paper to glue it down completely, and to help stretch the paper again.
- Punch 18 leaves from the rest of the green cardstock. Use the black pen to add veins to the leaves and glue them to the card. Use the black pen to add twigs in between the leaves.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!