Stars from Fishing Line and Hot Glue
Bronze Post Medal for 2021. 31 Posts
November 11, 2021
I figured out how to make beautiful stars from fishing line and hot glue. Thanks to the glitter and beads, the stars shine perfectly. You can hang them on a Christmas tree or use for decoration.
Total Time: 1 Hour
- fishing line
- hot glue and hot glue gun
- yellow garland or glitter
- nails 2 cm long
- red 6 mm beads
- Make a five-pointed star template from paper.
- Prepare glitter. You can make it from a garland (cut with scissors).
- Draw a five-pointed star on the board using the template.
- Drive nails along the edges of the star. Drive an additional nail at the top to make a loop.
- Tie a fishing line to the top nail of the star, then wrap it around the additional nail to form a loop. Then form the edges of the star, then the middle like on photos. When you finish wrapping the fishing line, tie it to a nail. Check that the wound fishing line does not touch the wood.
- Put a little hot glue on the edge of the star's ray (near the nail), quickly sprinkle with the sparkles, press them and form a corner of the ray. Do the same with the rest of the rays. Do the same near other nails and in several places in the middle of the star. You need to fix the fishing line with hot glue.
- Wait for the hot glue to harden well. Then pull out the nails using pliers.
- Separate the star from the board. Use a knife if hot glue has stuck to the board.
- Using scissors, cut off the end of the fishing line, excess glue, excess sparkles.
- Glue the edges of the rays with hot glue and sparkles to hide the holes from the nails. Do not cover the loop. Glue sparkles on the back side of the star.
- Decorate the star with beads by gluing them with hot glue.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.