Stick and Yarn Snowflake Decoration
This is a craft using sticks, yarn, and glue to make a large snowflake you can hang both indoors and out. I used the stick handles from plastic spoons that I had leftover from another craft. You can also use Popsicle sticks or twigs. If you're using it indoors, you can even attach pictures inside the holes of the snowflakes and use it as a photo display!
Total Time: 75 minutes
Yield: 1 large snowflake
- 24 sticks
- hot glue gun with glue
- Make an asterisk with 6 of the sticks, gluing them together 2 by 2 and stacking them on top of each other.
- Lay out a bunch of sticks in any snowflake design. Snowflakes are all different, so you can go crazy with imagination. I went with 4 diamonds and 2 squares.
- Glue the sticks together at the joints. Glue some more sticks coming from the middle and popping out from the sides.
- Take a long piece of yarn (I used about 4 feet) and glue one end securely to the middle of the snowflake, on the back.
- Start pulling the yarn to the points of the snowflake, wrapping around the sticks and gluing in place.
- Each time you pass the center of the snowflake with the yarn, add a glob of hot glue and secure it in the middle. Finish by gluing the end of the yarn in the middle.
- Tie a short piece of yarn to the top to hang it with.
- Hang it inside the house on a wall or door, our outside on a tree.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!