Storing Christmas Lights

To keep my Christmas lights from getting tangled up, I wrap each string of lights around a rolled up newspaper or magazine with the plug being last and then I put a rubber band around the plug end to hold the lights in place.

When putting the lights on the Christmas tree, I plug them into an extension cord and roll the lights off the roll as I work my way up from the bottom of the tree. With the lights turned on, I can see where I'm placing them.

When taking the lights down, I start at the top or the last strand I put on and work my way down wrapping each string on a roll as I take them off the Christmas tree. When all lights are secured, they are ready to be boxed up and placed in the attic until next year.

Next year, when I put the Christmas lights on the tree, I'm going to put something bright on the end of the last string so I won't have to spend several minutes looking for it like I did this year when I took the lights off the tree. I might better write myself a note and put it in the box with the lights.

I bought red yarn and tied a bow on the string of lights at both ends. So easy and it looks like an ornament on the tree.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations LightsDecember 23, 2015
🎃