Stuffed Bitter Melon Soup Recipes
A sour squash with great health benefits can make a delicious soup when stuffed with ground meat. This page contains stuffed bitter melon soup recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read More Comments
This is my new favorite way of making stuffed bitter melon soup. I took a shortcut in preparing this soup and the outcome was extremely delicious with half the time to cookI used my instant pot, but you can cook this over the stove as well for a little longer time.
The short cut I did was purchase sweet Italian pork sausage from Sprouts instead of ground turkey and seasoning it with minced garlic, mushrooms, onions, etc.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2-3 people
- 2 bittermelon
- 5 jumbo shrimp
- 3/4 lb sweet Italian pork sausage
- 1 1/2 qt water
- 1 stem green onion
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 5 mushrooms
- Prep and devein shrimp then cut in half.
- Prep bitter melon and cut bitter melon into 3 even sections.
- Using a spoon scoop out the inside.
- Stuff the bitter melon with sweet Italian pork sausage.
- Pour water into instant pot and select the soup setting (12 minutes).
- Allow water to heat up and then add the bitter melon.
- Using spoon, scoop meatballs pieces of the sausage into the instant pot.
- Add shrimp in. Then salt and fish sauce.
- After 12 minutes is up, allow instant pot to cool. Add in sliced mushrooms, diced green onions and cover for a few more minutes. Ready to serve with dash of black pepper on top.
Bitter melon has amazing health benefits. This is one way I like to eat it without it being too bitter, because it is balanced with stuffed turkey and shrimp. Very healthy soup and goes great with rice!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.