Tea Light Snowman Ornament

Category Ornaments
These cute little ornaments are quick and easy to make and look great on your tree. This is a guide about making a tea light snowman ornament.

The flame of the battery operated tea lights make a perfect carrot nose for a snowman. With a few supplies you can make an adorable ornament!

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1 snowman

• battery operated tea light
  • scrapbook paper, print and white
  • black paint pen
  • pom pom
  • ribbon

1. First I traced the tea light so that I could sketch out the hat to fit the snowman. Once I had a good outline for a hat, I cut out the brim and hat top to use as templates.
  2. Trace your hat templates onto the papers you selected for your hat. Cut them out.
  3. Glue the brim to the hat and glue a pom pom on top.
  4. Ad

5. Using the paint pen, draw the mouth and eyes into the front of the tea light. Be sure to leave room to glue the hat onto the top.
  6. If you want to make the snowman into an ornament, glue a loop of ribbon onto the back. You can also set it on a table top as a decoration.
  7. Ad

This quick and easy craft makes the perfect Christmas tree ornament or decoration. You only need about 10 minutes to create these adorable snowmen, which is a good reason to make several! They can become part of your family traditions or given as gifts to friends, neighbors, and co-workers. And there are so many variations online that the snowmen can be different each year. This craft will result in two snowmen wearing the most adorable ear muffs.

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 2

Source: Pinterest

• 2 battery-operated tea light candles
  • hot glue gun with sticks
  • 3 permanent markers (pink, black & orange)
  • 2 pieces of pipe cleaner (3 inches long, any color)
  • scissors
  • 4 pom poms of any color (mini or small)
  • 2 pieces of ribbon (10-12 inches long)

1. Take your piece of ribbon and fold it in half. Add glue on top of the tea light, in the center above the bulb. Place the creased section of ribbon in the glue. Some bulbs have a shape that forms an upward tip. These more closely resemble carrot noses. Just make sure to have the tea light turned the right way. You can also use a more narrow ribbon, if you don't want it to be as prominent.
  2. I find that it's easier to add the pipe cleaner if I mark the starting point. Line up one end of pipe cleaner to be level with the bulb/nose. Use a marker to mark your spot. Add hot glue from your starting dot to the middle of the head. Keep the line in the center. Now add your pipe cleaner. From here, you can test the unglued half of the pipe cleaner to make sure it's not too long. Cut off any excess and finish gluing the rest down. Then add a pom pom to both ends of the pipe cleaner.
  3. Add eyes and a mouth with the black marker and flushed cheeks with the pink. Use the orange marker to color the bulb/nose. The latter step is so the snowman's nose will be orange even when the light is off!
  4. Here is another example.
  5. Tie the ends of the ribbon into a knot so you can hang up your ornaments.

I had some leftover LED votive candles from a prior project. I saw this online and went to town using up what I had left in my stash. Easy peasy!