PlantersGarden & Yard

Terra Cotta Turtle Planter

This is my take on an indoor/outdoor friendly planter. I wanted something fun looking to display on my porch during the warm months and as a decorative piece too for indoors during those cooler days. Meet Todd the turtle.

1. Take your 8 inch saucer and your 4 -2 inch pots to start with. With saucer facing up, arrange the 4 pots in a square close to the edge of the saucer. Making sure it is square, hot glue the pots small end/down. This is the shell and legs of your turtle.
  2. To make the face, I used wood disks I had on hand, gluing several together for face and neck. Spray paint and allow to dry.
  3. Take your 6 inch saucer and spray paint and allow to dry. This is used as a planter.
  4. Ad

5. To give my turtle a realistic look, I added a combo of craft paints, googly eyes, and then sealed with sealer.
  6. Finally I added pebbles and a succulent.

What a cute planter! Nice, Ana :)

Thank you so much!