Making a Tire Snowman
This is a page about making a tire snowman
. Old tires can be repurposed to make a fun snowman for an outdoor holiday decoration.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
November 29, 2016
Here is a fun way to make a big snowman with tires.
Total Time: Couple hrs.
- 10 tires: 5 big ones, 2 medium, 3 small ones, (many tire shops will give used tires away)
- 1/2 gallon white paint
- little bit of black paint
- paint brush
- drill (bits depending on size of the sticks)
- serrated knife
- mini wreath
- 2 sticks for arms
- tarp or paint cover
- something orange for the nose (I used an orange flashlight)
- gloves or mittens
- Lay down a tarp or anything to paint on.
- Gather the tires and stack them to form a body, head, and hat.
- Gather paint and brushes. Brush off dirt and debris first, then paint the body and head white. Let dry.
- After they dry, number the tires in the back. This will help when you move them.
- Place the mini wreath on corner of the hat. Secure with thumbtacks.
- Paint the eyes and buttons.
- Cut material if needed for a scarf. Add the scarf. Use thumbtacks to secure it.
- Outline the circle where you will insert the nose. Remember you can use something else. I used an orange flashlight.
- Use a drill to make a hole for the nose then cut with the knife. Carve carefully. Unscrew the cap of the flashlight and insert it through the inside of the tire.
- Mark points for the stick arms. Use the drill and knife again. Insert stick arms in place and brush off tire debris.
- Add gloves if you'd like and stuff with newspaper.
- Enjoy your snowman! Especially if you live in the desert like me. ;)
December 3, 20161 found this helpful
I love it, Kim!
December 4, 20161 found this helpful
Thanks Attosa and Happy Holidays ! :)
December 5, 20162 found this helpful
It's cute. A great way to keep tires out of the landfill. And it will last a lifetime. Smart!
Read More Comments
December 5, 20161 found this helpful
Yes ! So many things can be made from them. Thank you likekinds :)