Top Part of Pre-lit Tree Not Working

Category Tree
It can be difficult to find the cause for a partial loss of lights on a pre-lit tree. If possible checking with the manufacturer may be the best solution. This is a guide about top part of pre-lit tree not working.

I have a three part Christmas tree. All the bulbs on the top portion have a black shadow in them and do not light up. I replaced a couple of bulbs, but nothing happened. They are all not lighting. What do I do to have the whole tree lit. I bought it in December 2015.

Answers

Best Answer

Contact the manufacturer. There may be a specific type of bulb you must use.

The top section of my pre lit Christmas tree will not light up. When I take the top section off the tree and plug it in by itself all the lights light up. I do not know why the top part will not come on when the rest of the tree works perfectly?

Answers

It sounds like something is gumming up the connection. Did you check the connection to make sure it looks OK?

I wouldn't monkey with it, but if you see something like a piece of tinsel stuck, that would be OK to remove.

Who made it? Call the company and ask for their guidance. Sometimes they have great tips that only they would know about to fix.

Also ask if it is under warranty!! Never know!! Wishing you an easy fix!!!

Make sure the wires arent getting twisted when you put them back on the tree.

You may want to check the manual to see if there are any troubleshooting for the issue you're experiencing.

Example: www.christmaslightsetc.com/.../Troubleshooting-Prelit-Christmas...

Or, contact the manufacture.
If this is a new tree, you can also exchange or return to deal with less of a hassle too.

The top section go our tree will not light up no matter how we combine the plugs together.

By Ak