Treating Blisters on the Inside of Lips?

I've got a white blister with little white lumps inside my mouth on my lips. What are they? And how do I get rid of them?

By Peter from Little Hulton, Worsley, Manchester

Best Answer

Have you ever had cold sores, fever blisters, or canker sores (to rule them out)? Sometimes the inside of the mouth will break out if you are allergic to something you've eaten; it's the body's way of telling you to stay away from that food (of it may be an additive in a food you've ingested) - that's why some people get reactions to an additive in toothpaste. This is probably nothing, but I'd visit a doctor to know for sure. (Mouth cancers usually start as white patches, not blisters.) It will probably happen again, so I'd want to know what I was dealing with and how to take care of it.

Best Answer

Go to the doctor. This could be a type of virus and it will not go away without medicine.

For me, these were an allergy reaction to food additives and whitening toothpaste. It took a while to develop, but once I changed back to regular toothpaste, they went away.

The problem is that if it is an allergy, it may have taken a while to react and it will not clear up immediately. Of course, there may be other causes. I would see a doctor in case it is something serious.

I, too, thought of a reaction to toothpaste. However, if this has been troublesome for any length of time at all, you should see a doctor. Skin cancer of the mucous membranes starts out as a whitish patches I have been told.

They are caused by trauma to the mouth (maybe a light lip bite), or a sharp chip, etc. can scratch and set one off. Also, if you get them on a regular basis (I fought them my whole life) look into your diet. I read an article that said Gluten intolerances can also cause chronic canker sores.

I eliminated gluten from my diet and I do not get them anymore. They can last 7 to 10 days. There is a great Denta-paste your doc can prescribe, otherwise, mild salt water rinses can give some relief, and in time they heal.

It appears to be a canker sore. Take a Q-Tip and dip it in Pepto-Besmal. Lay the Q-Tip on the sore for several seconds. It will feel cool and soothing. It will not hurt you if you swallow some of the Pepto-Besmal because it is used to heal an upset stomach. Do this about 3-4 times a day. You will be amazed how fast it heals the sore.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 5, 2012
🍀
🌻
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Treating-Blisters-on-the-Inside-of-Lips.html