Here is an upcycled trinket box made with an empty packaging tape roll. The packaging tape roll is very sturdy and makes a great circular shape. You can design this as a trinket box, jewelry box, or a handmade circular box to gift something inside - the possibilities are endless.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- packaging tape roll
- glue stick
- hot glue gun
- Washi tape
- You will need an empty packaging tape roll. Trace the roll twice on cardboard for the base/lid and cut out with scissors.
- Decorate the outside of the tape roll how you wish. I used washi tape and since I like the glossy finish, I kept it on.
- Find a pattern of paper you want to be the bottom of your box and lid to be. I used this floral golden scrapbook paper. Using a glue stick glue the cardboard circles down onto the paper.
- Cut slits all around. Glue down to secure paper. Repeat for both the circles. Cut a piece of paper and glue over the ends of the paper slits.
- Trace your paper roll on felt and cut out for the base lining.
- Ready to assemble your box. Hot glue base down to the tape roll.
- Apply hot glue to the felt and base. For the top, I use a magnetic thumbtack and secured with hot glue.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.