Tulle Masquerade Mask
Vote for this contest contender!
You can make a beautiful sheer masquerade mask using tulle, puffy paint, and some glitter. Use the mask template I've provided and get creative with your design. This is a fun craft for all ages.
Total Time: 1 hour plus dry time
Yield: 1 mask
- measuring tape or ruler
- parchment paper
- mask template print-out
- ivory or cream tulle, 10" x 5"
- black puffy paint
- 2 16 inch pieces of ribbon
- craft glue
- Print out the mask template and measure your features to see if you need to make the mask printout bigger or smaller.
- Compare your measurements to see where your eyes will be. You can use a pen to change the mask dimensions if needed.
- Tape the piece of tulle down onto a piece of parchment paper (or clear wax paper) that is on the template. Make sure you can see the mask lines.
- As you cut out the mask, move the pieces of tape to hold the tulle down firmly.
- Tape the layers down onto a work surface.
- Use the puffy paint pen to draw some designs. I started above the eyes, then added swirls upwards.
- If you're using larger glitter pieces like I did here, wet the tip of a pin to pick them up and place them strategically. If you're using fine glitter, just dust on top of the paint. Allow to dry completely.
- Gently peel the tulle mask off the paper. Cut away any excess tulle.
- Glue the pieces of ribbon down on the inside of the sides of the mask. Allow to dry.
- Fasten mask on above your ears and tie behind your head.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!