CostumesHalloween

"Up" Old Man Halloween Costume

My son was the old man from the movie "Up" when he was 16 months old. It was a fairly simple costume to put together. I was really happy with the results.

1. I already had the clothes: a cardigan, button-up shirt, a bow tie, and corduroy pants. I popped the lenses out of some thrift store reading glasses. I bought 6 helium balloons, each in a different color and tied them to the belt loop of my son's pants. The most difficult part of this costume was making the walker. I measured how tall and wide I needed it to stand and took those measurements to the hardware store. I was able to have them cut all 1/2" PVC pipe pieces for me there. You will need:
    • 4 legs all the same length
    • 1 piece to attach the two front legs together, it should be shorter than the length of the legs, but wide enough for your baby to step into.
    • 2 pieces of the same length to attach the front and back legs together.
    • 2 3-way PVC elbows
    • 2 90 degree PVC elbows
    • 2 tennis balls
  2. Attach all the pipe pieces together to make the walker. The two 3-way elbows attach the front legs to the front bar as well as the two side bars. The 90-degree elbows attach the back legs to the side bars. I chose not to glue any of the pieces together because I found them to stay together well enough on their own. If you want it to be super sturdy, I would opt to glue everything together. Cut an "X" into the tennis balls and fit them onto the front legs of the walker.
  3. Ad

There you have it. I wish I would have taken step by step photos, but totally spaced it.

Adorable!

Super cute! You did an amazing job :)