Use Ammonia to Power Grow Plants like Grandma

My grandmother had told me that back in the day, they never had Miracle Gro or any other type of fast growing fertilizer. She always had the most amazing flowers.

She had taken a empty gallon container (plastic/milk container), covered the bottom with ammonia, then filled the rest with water. Then she shook it and watered her plants.

Last year, I had tried this on my dying geraniums. Within 2 days, they perked up. Then produced buds everlasting until October. I live in Michigan and they went through frost!

When you say, "covered the bottom", how much is that? I'd like to give this a try, but I'd like a little more info.

I've done this for years and it means just that - cover the bottom...not an inch deep or any measurable amount - just cover the bottom.

Can this be used on vegetable or just flowers, because I only have a vegetable garden?

I use ammonia, too. Grandma was right because they always are. There's a DIY that I use and it is super inexpensive. Am I allowed to say the brand name? Let's say it rhymes with Shmiracle Shmgrow. Anyway, into a cleaned out plastic milk gallon jug add:

1 gallon of water
1 tbsp epsom salt
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp of household ammonia
Shake up and use for flowers, vegetables, and houseplants.

I have a well loved geranium plant for several years..they quit blooming for a while...I had some silk geraniums around here & stuck them in the same pots,,,surprise...the real plant started blooming and had been beautiful every year since...

This is like a great idea and assuming you mean water the soil plant correct?

In These Pages
Home and Garden Gardening FertilizerApril 10, 2014
🐛
🐰
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Use-Ammonia-to-Power-Grow-Plants-like-Grandma.html