Uses for Coffee Syrups

Category Food Tips
Flavored coffee syrups are not just for coffee, use them to flavor other foods as well. This is a guide about uses for coffee syrups.

To give holiday foods a little boost in flavor, I use Torani coffee syrups and the flavored creamers in a lot of my recipes. I use them year round in some recipes.

I use them in pancakes, waffles, French toast, cookies, fruit breads, pies and cakes, and they work really great in home made whipped cream (white chocolate is a favorite and a surprise). Try adding them to jams and jellies before canning and even mixing with peanut butter for a sandwich. They add a great flavor to home made peanut butter cups as well as truffles. The almond flavor really ramps up marzipan candies, almond sandies cookies, Chinese almond cookies, etc.

The syrups make great flavored teas, lemonade and Italian sodas. Don't forget to add some flavored syrups to your ice cube water so drinks won't get wasted because they water down

Brie (cheese) baked in puff pastry is great if you drizzle the cheese with the raspberry or almond syrup and sprinkle with toasted nuts before enclosing and baking. Try slightly cooking fresh apples, cool and put a spoonful inside wonton wrappers and fry quickly, drizzle with a flavored syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar or just top with flavored whipped cream!

You'll be surprised at how much extra flavor they add to home made puddings, home made jellos, and candies. I buy the syrups when I find them on sale and stock up!

Source: Been doing this for years.

By wolfbytez from Brownsville, OR

Where do you buy these? Do you use the quart bottles or the small ones. I'd really like to find some other than vanilla, almond and hazelnut.

Thanks for the great ideas. I just ordered some of the syrups online, but I only planned to use them in coffee drinks. Now I plan to try them many different ways, as you suggested.
Karen C. Salem OR (My DH works in brownsville.)

All wonderful ideas. Thank you. For the post above, Tennesue; you can find these at the grocery store in the coffee aisle or at any gourmet store that sells cookware and other specialty foods.