Using Coffee to Revive a Christmas Cactus?

If you can use coffee to revive a cactus, can it be coffee that has cinnamon in the coffee grounds? My mom uses hazelnut cream with cinnamon. Would that hurt the plant or save it from freezer burn?

Best Answer

As a general rule, milk & creamer products are not recommended for plants - indoor plants or house plants.

• Here is what one plant web site says about adding creamer to plants:
  • One caveat: if you add cream, milk or sugar to your coffee, don't pour it into your plants. Ditto for flavored coffees. The sugars and fats can not only harm your plants and invite pests but can eventually result in a stinky mess. A plant watered with sweetened or flavored coffee may soon be overrun by fungal gnats.
  • Here is the web site for more information.
  • www.thespruce.com/watering-houseplants-with-coffee...

Looks like your cactus might have root rot from overwatering or a fungus infection. Pull it out , cut all rotting roots iff and repot in cactus mix. Or if root rot , take a cutting off a healthy stem and lay it on fresh dirt.
If fungus infection probaby beyond hope.

Can you give coffee to any Rotherham house plants ?

Anonymous

If the coffee itself is flavored, you're ok. If you have added cream, a flavored creamer or sugar, don't add it to plants. I always add my black coffee (flavored or not) and tea to plants and have a lot of success.

Oops, I fixed that typo.

Anonymous

ummm, there is no sugar or fat in flavoured coffee as they are flavoured with natural extracts or synthetic flavours.

I would think that with the creamer in it, it will draw gnats. Years ago a co-worker used to water her plant with coffee and it thrived. She started using cream, and in came the gnats.

No milk or cream to water plants.

Best Answer

Plants need vitamins. Milk, contains vitamin D. I realize, am sure it is watered down with countless other things. Did not stop my elderly cousin from filling a milk jug up with water, and pouring it around plants. Having that indoors- the smell and attraction to bugs would be a bit of a bother. I use my boil egg water, I rinse milk jugs just to take advantage of what is left of it.

Can u use coffee on indoor plants

Home and Garden Gardening CactusJanuary 19, 2018
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Coffee-to-Revive-a-Christmas-Cactus.html