Vietnamese Sweet and Sour Fish Soup (Canh Ca Chua Ngot)
This is a delicious light soup my mom makes. It is a quick and healthy dish.
- star fruit
- green onion
- salt and peper
- Optional: green Thai chili pepper or jalapeño
*Use any fish that doesn't have a lot of bones. You can use a whole small fish or even a salmon filet.
- Boil fish in salted water for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the fish is boiling, thinly cut the pineapple, star fruit, green onion, and cilantro.
- Take the fish out and set aside. Add pineapple and star fruit in and boil for 30 seconds.
- Then add the green onions and cilantro and immediately pour into a bowl. Add pepper to taste.
- Note: If you want more spice you can add green chili pepper in step 1.
If you want to enjoy this as a soup, remove any bones from the fish and add back into the bowl. We usually eat the fish with rice and have the broth on the side.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.