Wearing New Dentures?

11 days ago I had all my upper and lower teeth pulled. Temporary dentures were put in immediately. My question is, should I be wearing them 24 hours a day minus taking them out cleaning, rinsing, etc. Or should I be taking and leaving them out at night?

Your dentist is the best person to contact regarding your questions as they did the dental work and fit for your dentures.

I agree. But I can tell you what my dentist said. She advised me to take my uppers out each night as leaving them in was softening the roof of my mouth. So a quick call or google search will put your mind and mouth at ease.
PBP

When my upper plate (temporary, like yours - I'm on the permanent one now and love it) went in immediately after the teeth were extracted, my dentist said to remove the plate that and every night (or whatever is the regular sleep period).

He said the chance of the plate slipping and choking me in my sleep outweighed any wound compression (to stop/control bleeding) benefits.

I was a little nervous about removing the plate that first night but it didn't hurt at all - the next morning there was a fair bit of swelling where the teeth had been pulled but the plate went in painlessly and by the end of the day I was surprised to find the extraction site swelling was completely gone.

If your experience has been different (continued pain and swelling, pain on removal/re-insertion), be sure to contact your dentist - he/she has a duty of care and you should never hesitate to ask for guidance concerning wearing and caring for your new dentures!

Health & Beauty AdviceJuly 21, 2015
🐰
👒
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Wearing-for-New-Dentures.html