Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

My wedding is in the spring and I have no idea what to do for my rehearsal dinner. I live in Maine so the springtime gets very muddy we are also on a very tight budget :/ Help please!

By Beth S.

Make the rehearsal dinner a pot luck. Have it at somebody's home, even if it is in a garage. Borrow folding tables and chairs or picnic tables. Also limit the people that will be attending. Just the attendents and the brides and grooms parents. I know some people that include spouses/significant others of the bridal party, kids, etc. With a pot luck you wouldn't really need any decorations and the cost would be minimal.

Reserve tables at a nice restaurant and invite the guests.

Hi Beth, I too live in Maine and hear what you are saying. My sister had a cook-out. Nothing fancy, hot dogs, hamburgs, potato salad etc. very casual. I actually toyed with the idea of having mine at a well known truck stop, the food is great and its very casual.

Are there any smaller Mom & Pop restaurants that would work with you? Go to Sams club and buy lasagna, salad & rolls and have it at your house. Last suggestion: Pizza in or out! Best wishes to you & the groom.