What Is My Chihuahua Mixed With?

Do you think my Chihuahua mix has Jack Russel in him? He has long legs and his tail curls on his back. I paid $150.00 for him. He said he is a pure bred Chihuahua, but I know he is mixed with something.

His body looks like a dachshund. If the dog is purebred it would have papers. Get a dna test done and get a refund or partial refund if the dog is mixed.

looks like a Chiweenie!

Is this the same sweet pup you posted before or his sibling?

In this photo, he definitely has dachshund lines!

Thanks for sharing!

Looks a lot like a Chiweenie. Your dog also looks like it may have some terrier in its bloodline.

The dog looks like it could be mixed with some dachshund because of the very long body on the dog. I do not really see any Jack Russel in the dog.

I do not believe the breeder of the dog was right in selling you the dog as a purebred dog. This dog is a mixed bred dog for sure.

I guess I have to be the one to ask the question - how much does it matter to your now that you have fell in love with this 'mixed' breed puppy?
It's for sure that the seller lied to you about him being pure bred and $150 was a lot of money to pay without getting some sort of proof of his background.

Did the seller give you a receipt of some sort stating he was a pure bred chihuahua? Did you meet the puppy's parents? Was this from a store or an ad in the paper?

All of this matters if the puppy's mix means you are going to try and retrieve some or all of your money.
Most people have no idea as to how much it costs to take a matter to small claims court and that may be the only way you could get any money back and - you may have to give up the puppy to get your money back.

Does he have any of his shots/vaccinations that are due his first year?
If you plan to keep this puppy seeing a vet his first year is the most important thing you can do and you could ask your vet what they think of his breeding.

The only sure way to know about his breeding is to get a DNA test and these usually cost $45-$200. But, this information would tell you a lot as you may wish to know how large he may get and if there could be some health problems (certain dogs) to look out for. DNA tests can be purchased online, pet stores, vet, PetSmart.

Be sure he gets all of his shots as stopping them before completion will not protect him from Parvo or many other diseases.

www.dummies.com/.../

www.amazon.com/s?k=dna+test+kit+dog&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI... (Affiliate Link)

www.caninejournal.com/.../

Your dog looks like a dachshund chihuahua cross.

Definitely not purebred. Jack Russel and Dachshund would be my guess

No one needs to ask you that question. It matters enough for you to ask.

Big whoop. My guess? Chi/Jack Russell. Likely some Dachshund in there just due to the length. Not purebred at all. Never buy dogs. Adopt

Pets Dogs AdviceDecember 24, 2019
🐛
😷
📓
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Is-My-Chihuahua-Mixed-With-18.html