Windshield Washer Not Spraying

Two weeks ago, I discovered that my rear windshield washer on my 2016 Chevy Tahoe was not spraying. I assumed the reservoir for the rear pump was out, then I discovered that there was no rear reservoir. Today on my way home from work, I discovered that the front sprayer was not spraying. The reservoir is full of fluid and I can hear the motor working. Anyone have any ideas?

The Family Handyman said it could be a broken fuse, clogged sprayer or broken washer pump. Here is a link to the article: http://www.fami  -repair/view-all

Given that your vehicle is new, I'd bet the sprayer is clogged. It's fairly easy to check / clean. Alternatively, if it's still under warranty, let the dealership fix it.

Anonymous

This happened to a van we had and the line from the washer container was broken.

Do you have 2 reservoirs? I have 2 up front, one is for the rear. Look and see if the place where it comes out is clogged.

I have had it be clogged before. If you can hear the motor running, I doubt it would be a fuse.

I know very little about auto repairs so if I have problems when my son is not around, i go to either Auto Zone or Advance and tell them my problem. They are usually very helpful and can look up your specific auto and usually figure out what could be wrong.

Many times no actual part is necessary but they will have whatever you may find you need (after trying any suggestions).

Wipers are a very real safety feature so I hope you find a solution before getting caught in the rain.

Anonymous

My Tahoe did this as well. My hoses came loose and had to be reattached a few times (both seem to do it at the same time for some reason!)