Wrapping Paper Ornaments
With this project you can make collage ornaments for kids from the toy catalogs and even hang them on the tree or make ornaments as decorations to spice up plain wrapping paper! Reusing, recycling, and budget friendly wrapping this holiday season.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- thin cardboard
- glue stick
- circular object
- toy catalog (or magazine)
- ribbon sticker
- bow sticker
- Trace around a circular object on thin cardboard paper (I used recycled). Cut out. Make as many you would like.
- Clip toy photos from the magazine. Glue onto the circle which will be the "ornament" and trim excess.
- An example of how to make another ornament is to clip lots of toy photos into small pieces to create a collage. Glue the pieces to a cardboard circle overlapping as you go. Cover the cardboard circle and trim off the excess.
- Repeat and make as many paper ornaments you want.
- Wrap gift. I recycled and wrapped the gift with a Sprouts brown lunch bag that was used when I bought wine.
- Using a piece of foil, cut out a trapezoid shaped piece to attach to the ornaments.
- Glue paper ornaments down to present and then add the foil piece. For finishing touches use ribbon sticker and bow for complete ornament!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!