Wrinkles on My Wedding Dress

I have a silk wedding dress. How should I get the wrinkles out? Has anyone done this before?

By Vanessa from Halifax, NS

Best Answer

I was surprised when I took my daughters wedding dress to the cleaners. They told me it could be washed in the washing machine. Now, I'm sure you need to look at the material of your dress to make sure it can be washed. I used cold water and then hung her dress to dry. It turned out beautiful!

Her dress was a heavy satin fabric with lots of appliques on the bodice and train. That hint from the cleaners saved me quite a bit of money. I'm really not sure if it would help take the wrinkles out of lace though.

Best Answer

If you are going to wash a wedding dress you have to be sure it isn't going to have to be ironed, because depending on the fabric that could be a lot of work. I might add the style of the dress could be a lot of work too. My opinion is that for something that important it would be worth it to take it to a professional.