Yonder Star Homemade Christmas Card
Make a lovely Christmas card focused on the Nativity star. This page contains photos and instructions for making a Yonder Star card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
In the Holy Bible, we are told of the yonder star that guided the wise men, a star that foretold the message of peace and joy that would forever be associated with Christmas. Bring homage to this by making a card with a silver star as the main focus point. Use the colors of the winter season and add a few puffy stickers for a final touch. This message of peace is sure to bring a moment of joy to the recipient's heart.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: one card
- 5.7 x 8.2 in blue cardstock
- 5.5 x 3.7 in light blue marbled cardstock
- silver glitter Christmas star ornament
- packet of Upikit metallic puffy embossed stickers, code PUF-305A
- standard scissors
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Score the blue cardstock in half to create a card sized 5.7 x 4.1 inches.
- With the fold at the left, center and glue the light blue marbled cardstock to the front of the card.
- Frame the card with the grosgrain ribbon and cut off any protruding edges.
- Glue the star ornament to the front of the card.
- Pull the ornaments string tight and glue the word "Peace" over the string.
- Choose the puffy stickers to be used and glue them to the card.