Zucchini Halloween Decorations

carved zucchini and yellow squash
Our garden went nuts with zucchini and squash this year! I couldn't keep up with them.
I made dozens of meals, froze tons, and gave away to family, friends, club members, and a group that feeds the needy, but some of these larger veggies just are too tough to eat so I decided to carve a few for Halloween decorations.

Using pumpkin carving (or wood carving tools) it was much easier than pumpkins since the flesh isn't as tough. It would make a fun Halloween party game too and if you know anyone who grows zucchini's they probably have a few giants they would love to donate to you!

Total Time: 10 minutes

1. Just draw your design lightly with a pencil (it will leave an indent that you can follow, not a pencil line).
  2. Use your creativity! You can even add ribbons, bows, buttons and accessories!
  3. You can put some petroleum jelly on your finger or Q-tips and rub all cut spaces to help seal it a bit, but I think it will get "more interesting" when it starts to shrivel up!

In These Pages
Crafts Halloween DecorationsSeptember 17, 2014
🎃
🌻
🎂