Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
I love these super low-carb flourless pancakes. They are mainly just mashed banana, egg, and peanut butter. They don't need added sugar inside because the ripened banana and peanut butter are already sweet. They are very custardy and dreamy! I find they are great before a big workout as they give me quite a bit of energy and don't weigh me down.
Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 ripe banana, mashed smooth
- 1 egg
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- oil for cooking
- In a bowl, beat egg into mashed banana.
- Add in heaping tablespoon of peanut butter. Mix until very smooth.
- Whisk in baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Allow to sit while you heat up a greased pan over medium heat.
- Use about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. These are more difficult to flip than regular flour-based pancakes so you will want them on the smaller side. Cook first side about 3 minutes.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, very gently flip over. I used 2 flat spatulas on each side of each pancake to flip these delicate pancakes. Cook second side another 3 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!