Free Leftover Soup
Even before the quarantine, I have always had two bags in my freezer; one for vegetable scraps and the other for bones. When the bags are full, it is time to make soup.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 to 2 hours
Total Time: About 2 hours
Yield: 8-10 servings
- vegetable ends and peelings
- bones from poultry or other meat*
- salt and pepper to taste
*I only use poultry bones when I make this soup.
- Add the bones and the vegetable scraps to a soup pot. I like to put them in a pasta strainer, so it is easier to remove them later on.
- Add water to barely cover. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove the strainer pot liner. Taste the broth and adjust the seasonings.
- Discard the vegetable scraps. Cut any meat off the bones. You may serve as is, or add potatoes, rice or noodles.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!