Making a Valentine's Bird Card Holder
When children exchange Valentine's Day cards at school, they often need to bring in a holder of some type to collect their cards. This bird card holder is so cute, as well as functional. Learn how to make your own here.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My daughter's class will be having a Valentine's card exchange soon. She requested a bird theme. Here is a Valentine's bird card holder tutorial. All of the supplies I used, I already had at home.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- red acrylic paint
- paint brush
- 2 paper plates
- heart foam sticker
- hot glue
- 1 pipe cleaner
- You will need 2 paper plates.
- Freehand and cut out a bird silhouette.
- Paint your bird silhouette. (Since my paper plate is red I did not have to paint the other plate.) Allow paint to dry.
- With the paper plate scraps, I cut out a triangle piece as the bird's beak and glued it down. You could also cut out feet with the scraps, but I made feet with pipe cleaners instead.
- I used two foam heart stickers as the feathers.
- Glue on a button as an eye.
- Hot glue the paper plates together.
- Poke 2 holes through the plates and thread with ribbon and secure with a knot. Ready to be hung. At school they're hanging their Valentine's card holders on their coat racks.
February 11, 20200 found this helpful
sooooo very cute!