Making Rice Krispy Pumpkins
Rice krispy treats are always a hit; make pumpkin shaped ones for the fall holidays. This is a page about making rice krispy pumpkins.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read More Comments
If you like rice krispy treats, then you will love these adorable and yummy pumpkins!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 10-12 pumpkins
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups rice krispy cereal
- 1 tsp yellow food coloring
- 1/4 tsp red food coloring
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 mini Tootsie Rolls
- green icing color
- white Wilton's decorator icing
- piping tip #67 (leaf tip)
- piping tip #3
- piping bag and coupler
- In a large pot, over low heat, melt the butter. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Then add food coloring; stirring well.
- Add rice krispy cereal and mix until well coated.
- Coat hands with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Scoop out about 1/2 c. of the mixture, roll it in your hands to create a pumpkin shape.
- Set the pumpkins on a piece of wax paper to cool and firm up. In the meantime, cut the Tootsie Rolls in half.
- Once the pumpkins have firmed up, carefully press a Tootsie Roll half into the top of each one to create a stem.
- Color the decorator icing to the desired shade of green.
- Using piping tip #67, pipe a leaf on either side of the stem.
- Switch to tip #3 and pipe a tendril coming off of the stem.
This video show you how to make your rice krispy treats into adorable pumpkins.
View the full recipe here:
Rice Krispy Pumpkins
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.