Making Wrapping Paper and a Bow from Packaging Materials
Use bubble wrap to create a fun design on kraft paper to use as wrapping paper. Tissue paper is used to fashion a fluffy bow. Learn how to use recycled materials to make gift wrap.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you are an online shopper, some companies send a lot of packaging items (i.e.: filling, bubblewrap, tissue paper, etc.) and I keep them because they can be useful like for making your own wrapping paper. I didn't have any wrapping paper besides Christmas theme, so I came up with this using kraft paper and a bow made from tissue paper from Victoria's Secret.
Total Time: 30 minutes + drying time
- bubble wrap
- pipe cleaner
- paint brush
- kraft paper from online packaging order
- tissue paper from Victoria's Secret
- Cut your desired shape as your bubble wrap stamp. I cut my bubble wrap in a square shape.
- Paint your square bubble wrap with your chosen paint color(s).
- Stamp and repeat. Reapply paint when needed and stamp away. Allow to dry.
- The next day, I wrapped a birthday gift (sprinklers)
- As an accent, I made a bow from tissue paper. I cut 4 sheets of tissue paper measuring 10.5" long by 4" wide and stacked them on top of each other.
- Fold accordion style and secure the middle of the tissue paper with a pipe cleaner.
- I cut a triangle on both ends, you can opt for rounded if you'd like.
- Carefully fluff out all the layers of the bow. The more tissue paper used, the fuller your bow will be.
- Secure bow to gift with tape.
CommentsRead More Comments