Homemade Stocking Holders
Hanging your Christmas stocking can be a challenge, here are some homemade ways to display your stockings for Santa to fill. This is a page about making homemade stocking holders.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use Christmas decorated ribbon the length of ceiling to floor or as long as you like. Let the kids paint special clothespins to hang their personal stocking. Hang each stocking along the ribbon. This will also work as a Christmas card holder.
This is very useful for me because I hang 26 stockings a year for my grown children and my grandkids. I use the same stockings from year to year. Some of mine are 20 years old.
By Janet from Moberly, MO
December 13, 2007
If your house is going to be as full as mine this year and you don't have a fireplace "to hang your stockings by the chimney with care", here is a great solution. Three of my children live in Colorado with me. Between the three of them, they have 6 little boys. We soon ran out of places to hang our Christmas stockings so my husband (brave man that he is ) came up with this so we could hang all of our Christmas stockings on it.
Time to complete: It took one afternoon to build it but took a couple of days outside to dry. You can decrease drying time by having it dry inside.
- 1 4x4 inch post (Cut to however high you need it. Mine is 6 feet tall, using a four by four that my husband had left over from a deck repair.)
- 4 pieces of 2x2 inch for the legs, cut
- red and white glossy paint
- ruler for drawing diagonal lines
- cup hooks
- one Santa hat for the top (optional)
- Now my stockings overlap a little on the post, but you can measure your stockings and place the cup hooks accordingly.
- First start by cutting your 4 by 4 to the length you want.
- Cut your 2x2s 1 foot long.
- Draw diagonal lines on the post just like a big candy cane. Now paint it red and white.
- Attach one foot to each side of the post so they stick out to stabilize your post.
- Add your cup hooks where you need them after the paint has dried.
- If you want to decorate the top, you can stuff a Santa hat with Walmart bags and hot glue to the top. I plan this year to add a old light fixture globe on the top to make it look like a candy cane lamp post.