Making a Dalmatian Costume
With the popularity of 101 Dalmatians and their distinctive spots it's no wonder dressing up as a Dalmatian is a favorite amongst children. This is a page about making a Dalmatian costume.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My son won a prize for this costume. It is very easy to make and costs very little.
Total Time: About 30 minutes
Yield: 1 costume
- 1 white pillowcase or garbage bag. (Use caution with the garbage bag with young children!) Watch carefully while they are wearing it and dispose of it or store on a high shelf if saving it.
- black construction paper
- tape, glue, or thread
- plastic headband
- Cut a hole large enough for child's head to go through on the bag or pillowcase. Cut holes on the sides for the arms to go through as well.
- Cut spots and ears out of the black paper.
- Glue, tape, or sew the spots onto the pillowcase or garbage bag.
- Tape the ears to the headband. If the child's hair is long enough, you can attach the ears to a barrette and clip to the hair.
- Our local firehouse gave my son the hat when they had their annual fair.
- We had the face paint in the house, and I used lipstick on his lips.
- Pinterest or the Internet has many ideas for making your own face paint. There is also one on Thriftyfun, click here: Homemade Face Paint Recipes
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.
My mom got my son this outfit, I think it's a sleeper, but my son wants to play dress-up and is excited for Halloween so I put it in him one night to try it on.
By Shannon from Lakewood, OH