I wanted something fun to give as a gift to my niece for her wedding shower so I made a gift card holder she can use at the wedding. If she wants to, she can pass it down to friends. This is a great way to display her engagement picture or any fun photos of her and her new husband!
Approximate Time Approx. 3 hours
Next, you can work on a top. I took a piece of cardboard, 8x10 inches, and put a slit on the top big enough for cards to slide into. I used batting to make it look like a pillow and covered it with satin. I used strips of Velcro on the edges underside of the 8x10 inch cardboard so the top would not fall off.
When it is all dry, you put the cover on top and you have a nice display to sit on the gift table of the bride and groom.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I found an old shoe box with a separate lid. Next I wrapped it in foil like a present. (I like using the dull side.) Paper dollies adorn the front lip. I found silver sticker lettering and other clear stickers for embellishment and words.
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
I would like to make a wedding card box for my son's wedding in October. I have all the materials, but am kind of nervous about starting it. I would like to see a video if possible or find a web site to go to. Thanks.
By hopscotch from Canada
Wedding card box video:
I made one for my step-daughter's wedding. Don't be scared,it's easy.
1. Get three boxes, large, medium, small
2. Wrap them in white wedding paper,just like a present (you can wrap before or after cutting holes-looks neater if you cut slots first so you can tuck paper into slots).
3. Cut a slot in the top and bottom(except the bottom of the bottom box) of each box (lg. hole in bottom box ,med. hole in middle box, smaller hole in the smallest box (because the cards must be able to drop into the slot without stopping.
4.Glue wrapped boxes on top of each other stacking like a wedding cake.
5. Wrap boxes with wide satin ribbon where boxes attach to each other.
6. Cascade silk flowers starting at the top down to the bottom layer of your box cake. It's fun, cheap and easy. Just have fun with it. People only see the bride anyway.