Shopping Without a Purse

Ms. Syd Barr - Dunkirk, MD

Be safe, don't carry a purse, use your pockets! I sent this tip in previously: "Organizing Tip: Stop carrying a purse."

Organize your multi-pocket jeans, and slacks.

Use a 3-3/4 in tall by 4-1/2 in wide snap closure purse with a zipper bottom opening for change and an extra car key. Carry one credit card, driver's license, grocery savings cards, a blank emergency check in a plastic holder and your bills folded in half. Carry it in your front pocket for security.

Use your other front pocket to keep your car/house keys. TIP: Always use the same pockets.

The small watch pocket on jeans is ideal for storing a few pills.

Carry a lip liner and retractable lipstick brush coated with lipstick, in your back pocket. No bulky lipstick tube.

Tissue holder: Use a spring top closure pouch 3-1/2 in by 3 in, many times free at health fairs, senior centers; promotion items. Fold 4 Kleenex type tissues into small squares and put in pouch. Put a headache pill in the bottom for emergencies.

You could also carry a note pad and pen so if you see something while shopping that strikes your eye, jot down notes so that at home you can create your own; that goes for cute phrases also! You can do a crude drawing if you are not an artist; this will refresh your memory. Also you can jot down stores and prices if you want to return later. Put it in your back pocket with lip pencil and lipstick brush.

TIP: This frees up your hands for carrying more packages plus it eliminates the possibility of having your purse snatched!

This has worked for me for 11 years, try it!

Ms. Syd B from Dunkirk, MD

Anonymous

If I leave my purse at home, someone might break in and steal it when I am gone.

Ladies, repeat after me: "I will never again buy a pair of pants without pockets!" Only when we demand pockets in our pants will we get them without searching through the racks for them. Then we can do what the men take for granted, and go sailing through the stores with our hands free for shopping!

I would be afraid of my stuff slipping out of my pockets (it's happened), so I would probably be more comfortable just using a crossover shoulder bag, it won't slip off the shoulders and doesn't have to be set down anywhere, leaving the hands free for eating or shopping or whatever.