MiscellaneousCleaning

Removing Super Glue

How can I remove nail glue from glass?

Ashley from London

Had superglue stuck to my windscreen and really needed to get it off. Tried alcohol did not work. Nail varnish remover worked really well. All glue is removed. Thanks for the tip.

After trying all sorts of products to remove superglue from my windscreen following an unsucessful attempt to reattach my rearview mirror. Nail polish remover worked a charm......less than a minute and all of it was gone.

Great tip

Thank you tupretty25 the acetone worked. I wished I tried it before I cut two of my braids out. At least I saved the rest of my hair!

Thanks tupretty25 for the advice. I recently got micro braids and realized that my real hair got glued. Now I don't have to panic.

Try egg white its always worked for me. I'm a carpenter and am forever getting superglue on my hands its just the job!

I got superglue on my glasses. I took the advise to try magic eraser and It worked great. Thank you very much!

Thanks tupretty25 I will try that, cause I've been on the computer for hours long trying to find something to get this glue out of my hair from these braids to keep from cutting my hair.

Nail polish remover DID NOT work on getting the SG off my lenses. Now does anyone have the real answer, or it's $350 eyeglassess? Thanks jw

Any ideas on what to use to get crazy glue off a counter top?

My children got superglue on my granite countertops. I tried acetone nothing, I tried magic erasure and nothing. I put acetone on my magic erasure and it came off like nothing! Perfect combo for superglue.

I just removed some superglue from our granite countertops with a razor blade like one you'd use to removed paint from windows. I just gently scraped it off and it lifted right up.

Please help me find way to remove glue from my bowling ball, without affecting the surface. Thank you

My roommate decided to use super glue to detail her costume and got glue all over my 100 dollar glass table. I was so mad, but I used nail polish remover with a cotton ball at first and it didn't really work. Then I used and SOS pad and lightly rubbed it and it came right off with out any scratches. I was so relieved.

I have these sandals and it has these patterns on it and I want to remove it and I tried ripping it off and it doesn't work how can I get it off?

Hurray for the Internet. (Isn't it great that we can share tips like this all round the world!)
Hurray for the person who first suggested nail-polish remover. I've recovered my £300 glasses!

I got it on my countertops and I don't want my parents to find, how do i get it off FAST? I tried nail polish remover and NOTHING help me!

I didn't really think ahead and fixed a kids toy puzzle with super glue and set it on the granite countertops. Well, it seeped out and stuck the puzzle to the countertop. I was left with a strip of cardboard and super glue. Thank you for suggesting nail polish remover and Magic Eraser! We made sure to wipe it with a wet paper towel to go behind it so we wouldn't get a dull spot. Fingernails also helped. It worked and my wife won't kill me now. Yes, I am 34 years old and still create these situations! Next time I will fix it in the garage.

How do you remove super glue from a plastic surface I.E dishwasher control panel?

Help please. How to remove Super Glue from black jacket.

I don't know whether it was super glue or gorilla glue, but I had a lot of it in little splotches on my white island counter top. It's been there for at least two years, I've tried majic erasers w/ no luck. Today I decided to do an internet search and found this page, got out my acetone nail polish remover and a very fine steel wool pad(for refinishing wood), and my magic eraser. The trick was to soak either a cotton ball or majic eraser and the steel wool w/ the acetone nail polish remover, and rub rub rub, and then rub some more and then some more. aLow and behold the spots are gone! YAY! Thank you so much for helping me resolve this issue, I looked like a bad housekeeper w/ food stuck to my counter top! But no more! I love the internet!