Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
Many couples choose to be married on or around Valentine's Day. This romantic holiday makes it easy to find appropriate "love" or heart themed favors. This is a guide about Valentine's Day wedding favor ideas
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Getting married on Valentine's Day? Make these cute wedding favors and continue to spread the love.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes per favor, excluding the time waiting for the paint to dry.
- miniature heart made from grapevine twigs
For a possible supplier, see http://www.crafts4allseasons.co.uk/grapevine-twig-mini-hearts-1-pack-of-8-2811-p.asp.
- miniature terracotta clay pot, 1.2 inches high
See http://www.rainbowfloristsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/info_CT3025.html for a possible supplier.
- a 500g (17.6 ounces) bottle of silver-colored decorative glass sand
- a blue flat-back heart rhinestone
For a possible supplier, see http://www.dreamtimecreations.com/rhinestones-flat-back/flatback-heart-rhinestones/.
- quick-drying fine silver spray paint
- 1/8-inch wide blue silver edged organza ribbon
- pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying glue (or glue gun)
- bamboo kebab skewer
- few sheets of old newspaper to protect the working area
- Cut the skewer to a length of 3 inches.
- Glue the twig heart to the skewer, and let it dry thoroughly, before continuing to the next step.
- Spray the heart-and-skewer combination with the silver spray paint. Remember not to hold the can too close when spraying, and work in a well-ventilated area.
- Next, turn the miniature terracotta pot upside down on a sheet of newspaper and spray the whole outside of the pot with the silver spray paint.
- Leave both the heart-and-skewer combination and the pot to dry thoroughly.
- Turn the heart-and-skewer combination around, and spray the other side with the silver paint. Also, turn the pot around and spray the inside of the pot. Leave to dry thoroughly.
- Glue the rhinestone to the skewer, so that the rhinestone will be "framed" by the heart twig, and leave to dry thoroughly.
- Tie the ribbon around the skewer at the bottom of the heart and make a small bow.
- Add some glue to the bottom of the miniature pot, and while holding the heart-and-skewer combination upright in the pot, fill the pot with the glass sand.
Photo 1: Glue the twig heart to the skewer and let it dry thoroughly. Photo 2: Spray the heart-and-skewer combination with the silver spray paint. Photo 3: Spray the miniature terracotta pot inside and out with the spray paint. Photo 4: Glue the rhinestone to the skewer, so that the rhinestone will be "framed" by the heart twig. Photo 5: Tie the ribbon around the skewer at the bottom of the heart and make a small bow. Photo 6: The completed wedding favor.
By BessieBessie from Pretoria, Gauteng
We had a Valentine's wedding last year and were looking for something "memorable", yet not super expensive. I was searching around and found this site that had the cute LOVE cookie cutters. Looks like they've added some more items too.
December 11, 20060 found this helpful
Use small heart shaped candles or soaps.
June 13, 20040 found this helpful
You can also purchase bookmarks offline. You can choose the color of font, the verse, you names and wedding date, and the colour of the tassle. It came out to about 50 cents per favor.